13. February 2009
Unlike a few years ago FSC certified hardwoods for deckings are now widely available. This is also a result of our constant development of lesser known species for all purposes including residential deckings.
This year we are introducing a range of south American species:
- Favinha ( also known as sucupira amarella) is yellow-golden with distinct texture
- Angelim da campina is lighter yellowish coloured specie with a nice texture
- Sucupira vermelho a dark red coloured specie with a nice texture
- Muirapiranga a deep reed coloured species with beautiful texture
- Tanimbuca a green coloured specie also known as green Ipé
These species are durable in class 1-2 and with a high density and hardness which makes them perfect for deckings.
All species can be oil treated to maintain colour, however they will turn to ligther or darker grey when exposed to sun and in the end all look the same. That is really the point !
Tracer is still able to offer well known and established species such as Cumaru, Tatajuba, Muiracatiara, jatoba and Massaranduba as well.
All species can be supplied AD and KD from landed stock or shipped directly with optional profiles. Standard sizes are 21 x 145 , 120 mm and 95 mm
Enquiries are welcome